Disneyland Park, originally known as Disneyland, is the first of two theme parks built at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. It was opened on July 17, 1955. Walt Disney came up with the concept of Disneyland after visiting various amusement parks with his daughters in the 1930s and 1940s. Disneyland has a larger progressive attendance than any other theme park in the world, with 726 million visits since it opened. In 2018, the park had approximately 18.6 million visits, making it the second most visited amusement park in the world.
A great source of entertainment for all the people who are planning to visit and who are already at the destination. This Park hinges on theme-park attractions that really cannot let any visitor out without enjoying the natural beauty and beautiful decors. We all have heard about fairytales in our books and media source, however, you really can feel the presence in Disneyland Park and for sure we would surely recommend you keep the visit on top of your list to enhance the experience of yours.
History Of Disneyland Park
The concept for Disneyland began when Walt Disney was visiting Griffith Park in Los Angeles with his daughters Diane and Sharon. While observing them ride the merry-go-round, he came up with the idea of a place where adults and their children could go and have fun together. The initial concept, the Mickey Mouse Park, started with an 8-acre plot across Riverside Drive. He started visiting other parks for inspiration and ideas. Difficulties in acquiring funding provoked Disney to examine new methods of fundraising, so he decided to create a show named Disneyland. With the help of this show, he was able to raise the funds for the construction of Disneyland.
Things to do in Disneyland Park
Disneyland in California is stuffed with so many things to see and do. The park always has something going on, such as shows, fireworks, parades, and special events. You can easily charge yourself up by filling your day there with tons of the other fun attractions and activities. Some of the best things to do when visiting Disneyland to make your trip there a memorable one are listed below:
• Enjoy the Rides – Rides are the main purpose for most of the visitors of Disneyland. It has got a wide range of choices, from gentle boat trips to the white-knuckled, scream-yourself-silly kind. The Disneyland Ride Guide and California Adventure Ride Sheet have all the details, listed by type, height restrictions, and photos. • Meet Disney Characters – What could be more amusing than meeting your favorite Disney character in person?MickeyandMinnie has residences in Disneyland’s Toontown and the Star Wars characters hold meet and greets in the Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland. Apart from these, you can find a whole host of other characters around the parks and at dining. • Celebrate a Birthday, Anniversary, or Special Occasion- going to Disneyland on a special birthday, honeymoon, anniversary, or any other occasion, makes you feel like a celebrity among the crowd. You don’t have to celebrate alone, and you don’t have to pay a penny extra, either. When you arrive at Disneyland’s City Hall, pick up a souvenir of the birthday or celebration button. Wearing the button all day long, you can feel your popularity with Cast Members and other guests offering you the best wishes all day. • Go Shopping –You will find a themed store outside the rides, along the Main Street U.S.A., and along the street near New Orleans Square. Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen, Crystal Arts, China Closet, Disneyana, Disney Clothiers, Ltd., Disney Showcase, Emporium, and any other shops you can visit to do shopping.
• Celebrate the Holidays –In some way or other, every day at Disneyland feels like a holiday. Disneyland also gets embellished for Halloween, and Mickey Mouse entertains a Halloween Party that has its parade and fireworks. The park also celebrates Christmas with handmade candy canes, festive treats, and a holiday-themed overlay at it’s a Small World and Haunted Mansion.
• See a Show -Disneyland and California Adventure have some outstanding live shows highlighting singing, dancing, and sometimes a little audience participation. You could easily spend an entire day just watching the shows. The Frozen show at California Adventure is high-ranked and most-liked. • Watch a Parade – Unlike most places where you can see a single parade once in a year, at Disneyland you can watch two or three in a single day. The Pixar Play Parade runs once or twice a day. Other than this you can watch the spectacular and eye-catching Paint the Night, alighted and luminous parade with over-the-top effects. • Watch the Fireworks – Disneyland has fireworks about 250 times a year, which you can see nowhere else. The fireworks introduced here are of low-smoke, low-pollution, and quieter technology. In addition to it, they’re not just beautiful, but they tell a story, too, with the help of some amazing projection effects that go with them. • Have a Meal – You’ll observe lots of places to eat in the parks and just outside them, too, from a simple pretzel and a fountain drink to a full, dining. Most of the outlets follow first-come, first-serve, but a few ask for reservations. • Do Some People-Watching – Observing people around them can be a preferred choice of a visitor to do, while they’re relaxing and taking a break from exploring the park. You can find a bench or a place to rest and watch all the visitors and characters stroll by. Some of the best spots to do this are the benches around the “hub” between Main Street U.S.A. and the castle.
Things You Can Get for Free at Disneyland
• You Can Get Free Pins at Disneyland –You can have a free button, but for that, you have to stroll up at the City Hall at Disneyland. Among the buttons, you can get First Time Visitor and Birthday versions. They also provide a variety of buttons to celebrate all the stages of married life: engagements, getting married, anniversaries, or just to celebrate in general. • Character Autographs Are Free at Disneyland and California Adventure – Character autographs are free of cost. All you have to do is to stand in line to get one. Bring something from home for them to sign and you don’t have to spend money on a souvenir autograph book, either.
• Get Free Copies of Your Ride Photos at Disneyland – At most theme parks, you have to pay for a copy of your ride photo and in fact, you can’t take pictures from your phone. At Disneyland, guests can snap a picture of the image preview screen with no hassles. At Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters, you can email a copy of your photo to yourself – or your friends • Get a Free Jungle Cruise Map from Disneyland -Jungle Cruise skippers once handed this map out to any guest, who asked for it, but now they’ve gone high tech and you can get it online. • Free Chocolate at Ghirardelli in California Adventure- When you visit the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop in Disney California Adventure, they offer each visitor a free piece of Ghirardelli chocolate. If you walk through the Boudin bread factory, you’ll get a free piece of bread. • Free Copy of the Buena Vista Bugle at Starbucks in California Adventure – You can discover the latest copy of the Buena Vista Bugle at the Starbucks lounge area. • Free Face Painting and Crafts (Sometimes) – During the Lunar New Year celebration at California Adventure and other events like Dia de Muertos, kids can get their faces painted for free.
Disneyland Park Map
Here we share the 2019 summer map of Disneyland park. we have a full detailed map of Disneyland park, all the sections of park highlight with different colors.
Where is Located Disneyland Park
Disneyland1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802, United States
Timing of Disneyland Park
Hours 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Extra Magic Hour and Magic Morning 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
Recommended Area to visit in Disneyland Park
Disneyland is a very beautiful place to visit. There are lots of activities you can do in Disneyland Park. There are Lots of Rides and cartoon characters. There are good places to do shopping, click photos, water parks, and many more.
Enjoy your vacation. subscribe to our newsletter and enjoy our blogs.